Old Sturbridge Village (OSV), searching for a dependable, detail-oriented Master Electrician to join our company. The Master Electrician's responsibilities include servicing electrical systems, observing company safety guidelines, documenting each project and updating internal records, providing material cost and time estimates, and training apprentices. You should also be able to easily diagnose electrical faults and provide excellent customer service.
To be successful as a Master Electrician, you should be able to read blueprints, use diagnostic tools, and make decisions under pressure. This role will contribute to Old Sturbridge Village's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
Old Sturbridge Village, the largest outdoor history museum in the Northeast, depicts a rural New England town of the 1830s. Step inside more than 40 original buildings, and explore homes, meetinghouses, a district school, country store, bank, working farm, three water-powered mills, and trade shops – all situated on more than 200 scenic acres. Talk with authentically costumed historians and see heritage breed farm animals. Discover the endless ways to immerse yourself in the Village. Old Sturbridge Village, a museum and learning resource of New England life, invites each visitor to find meaning, pleasure, relevance, and inspiration through the exploration of history.
Old Sturbridge Village is committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. We are passionate about developing and maintaining an inclusive, equitable and accessible working and learning environment for all visitors, staff and OSV community members. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to different ways of understanding and engaging the world around us.
Master Electrician Responsibilities:
- Install, repair and service electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement electrical components.
- Interpreting blueprints and drawing rough sketches when required.
- Guiding and overseeing other apprentices or journeyman electricians.
- Drawing up preventative maintenance measures and explaining these to department head
- Obtaining required permits, equipment, tools, and materials for projects.
- Promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
- Coordinate and communicate with electrical inspectors on projects
- Testing and troubleshooting systems.
- Updating project records and preparing relevant documents and reports for clients/foremen/supervisor.
- Communicating with clients, vendors, and other workers on the job sight.
- Experience with generators and emergency power is preferred.
- Able to troubleshoot electrical issues independently
- Other duties maybe assigned
Master Electrician Requirements:
- Current MA and RI Master electrical license
- National Electrical Code (NEC) knowledge required
- High school diploma or similar.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups.
- A valid driver's license.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an Electrician.
- Superb customer service skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication.
- Experience with power tools and other equipment used in construction.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Firm grasp of health and safety codes.
- Available to work evening/weekend programs such as Phantoms by Firelight, Christmas by Candlelight, Illuminations, or other evening/weekend shifts, as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals in this position are subject to a Criminal Conviction Record check upon hire and every other year thereafter.
Old Sturbridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Old Sturbridge Village to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in the uniformed services.
Applicants who wish to apply should submit their resume and cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency